ELE-3601 Renewable Energy - Generation and Conversion - 5 ECTS
A relevant undergraduate Bachelor degree in Engineering program in power electronics and electrical machines. Basic knowledge in power systems is also an advantage.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- minimum 25 credits in mathematics (equivalent to Mathematical Methods 1, 2 og 3), 5 credits in statistics and 7,5 ects i physics on a higher level is required.
Application Code: 9371
Suggested Prerequisite(s) General qualification of electrical engineering expertise at bachelor level
Course contentWind power and turbine technology, general wind turbine construction, characteristics and components, network and wind power system integration, wind speed measurements and resource mapping, power system stability with large-scale wind power penetration, interaction between wind power and other energy resources, offshore wind power, physical basis of solar cells and solar energy, solar energy applications in the power system, hydro power and hydro power technologies, small-scale hydro power, physical basis and application of salination power, tidal power and wave energy, energy systems design with different forms of energy. Technology, economy and environment, system design, system integration, combination of different forms of energy.
Objectives of the course
After completed course the candidate should have the following learning outcome:
- how to plan., design and construct renewable energy plants.
- understanding the different energy carriers technical and economic characteristics.
-understand how the interaction between different energy carriers can be utilized to obtain an optimal energy system.
- understand grid integration issues.
- explain the characteristics of renewable energy sources.
- know the consenting process.
- be able to make simple calculations, and analyses.
-do system assessments for integration of renewable energy sources.
- Understand the similarities and differences between renewable energy sources.
- understand the planning and design processes.
- understand grid integration issues and grid code requirements.
- understand how assess, technical, economical and environmental issues.
Information to incoming exchange students
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|School exam||3 Hours||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Exercises||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3601
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet