ELE-3601 Renewable Energy - Generation and Conversion - 5 ECTS
A relevant undergraduate Bachelor degree in Engineering program in power electronics and electrical machines. Basic knowledge in power systems is also an advantage.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- minimum 25 credits in mathematics (equivalent to Mathematical Methods 1, 2 og 3), 5 credits in statistics and 7,5 ects i physics on a higher level is required.
Application Code: 9371
Suggested Prerequisite(s) General qualification of electrical engineering expertise at bachelor level
After completed course the candidate should have the following learning outcome:
- how to plan., design and construct renewable energy plants.
- understanding the different energy carriers technical and economic characteristics.
-understand how the interaction between different energy carriers can be utilized to obtain an optimal energy system.
- understand grid integration issues.
- explain the characteristics of renewable energy sources.
- know the consenting process.
- be able to make simple calculations, and analyses.
-do system assessments for integration of renewable energy sources.
- Understand the similarities and differences between renewable energy sources.
- understand the planning and design processes.
- understand grid integration issues and grid code requirements.
- understand how assess, technical, economical and environmental issues.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|School exam||13.12.2023 09:00
||3 Hours||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Exercises||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3601
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet