ELE-3600 Power System Fundamentals - 10 ECTS
A relevant undergraduate Bachelor degree in Engineering program in power electronics and electrical machines. Basic knowledge in power systems is also an advantage.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
Minimum 25 credits in mathematics (equivalent to Mathematical Methods 1, 2 og 3), 5 credits in statistics and 7,5 ects i physics on a higher level is required.
Application code: 9371
- Introduction to Power System
- Revision of Single Phase and 3 Phase Systems
- Per Unit Systems
- Elements in a Power System
- Modeling of Generators
- Modeling of Transformers
- Modeling of Transmission Lines
- Power Flow and Load Flow Studies
- Fault Analysis in a Power System
- Introduction to Reactive Power Compensation
- Introduction to FACTS Devices
After having followed the course, the candidate shall have obtained insight in:
- Knowledge of Power system theory, power System functions, power system structure, power system generation, transmission and distribution.
- Review of Basic concepts of the three-phase system, active and reactive power, power flow impact on the system, reactive power compensation.
- Modeling of Power System Elements (Generators, Transformers, Transmission lines).
- Understanding of power flow/load flow problems, solutions of power flow problems by different computational aspects.
- Knowledge of different kinds of faults in a power system.
- Knowledge of reactive power compensation analysis in a transmission line including FACTS devices
After having followed the course, the candidate shall be able to:
- Make and analyze simple model of a power system.
- Perform and analyze simple power system calculations.
- Perform and analyze simple power flow calculations.
- Perform and analyze simple power fault calculations.
- The candidate will has a basic understanding about power system structures and interaction between different elements of power system
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|School exam||11.12.2023 09:00
||5 Hours||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Assignments and Laboratory reports||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: ELE-3600
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet