ELE-3503 Power System Stability - 5 ECTS
System Components Generators, transformers, transmission lines and Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
Stationary conditions Generators, transformers, transmission lines and loads
Generator stability Swing equation, damping, stationary and transient stability, multi-machine systems
Voltage stability Stability criteria, critical load demand, static and dynamic analysis
Frequency Stability Frequency droop, primary and secondary control, tertiary control, load shedding
Stability Enhancement Power system stabilizers, Shunt FACTS devices, Series compensators
Objectives of the course
After completing the subject, the students will have the following learning outcome:
Knowledge and understanding:
- The candidate will be familiar with the working principles and properties of the different power system elements.
- The candidate will have knowledge of different kinds of electric loads and how to make complex load models.
- The candidate will have knowledge of generator stability (load angle stability).
- The candidate will have knowledge of network voltage stability.
- The candidate will have knowledge of system frequency stability.
- The candidate will have knowledge of different methods of stability improvement.
- The candidate will be able to perform basic stability analysis.
- The candidate will be able to make simple power system models and perform dynamic simulations.
- The candidate will be able to understand the interaction between the different elements in a power system.
- The candidate will be able to view the power system in a social and economic perspective.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3503
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet