BNS132X Contemporary Issues of the Circumpolar World 2: Politics - 10 ECTS
Admission requirements: Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English. A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the web site from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT). For language requirements we refer to NOKUT's GSU-list.
Admission code: 9199 (Nordic applicants).
In this course students will deal with questions relating to governance and politics in the North, social issues, contemporary topics and global issues.
This course will provide students with an appreciation of the main challenges confronting the peoples and communities of the world¿s northern regions. It will be beneficial to those students attempting to better understand the current questions facing the north as well as to those planning to pursue advanced studies about the region.
The course is identical with BCS 332 (6 ECTS) besides of some extra modules and additional syllabus.
Objectives of the course
Objectives: Building competence on the circumpolar world with a focus on contemporary issues, devolution of power, governance and politics.
- On governance issues and politics on the circumpolar north
- On regional and international political issues affecting the north
- On politics concerning the Barents region
- In analytical approaches to political analyses
- In understanding political systems of the circumpolar north
- In analysing High North politics out of international perspectives
- On politics of the circumpolar north
- On regional and international political cooperation in the north
- On politics and cooperation in the Barents region
Course requirements: Answers to given module questions. The answers have to be approved by responsible teacher before the students are allowed to do the final exam.
A final written home based exam: - Available time: 3 days - Extent. 5 to 6 pages - Font: Times New Roman, 12 pkt., line spacing 1,5. Margins; right,top and bottom 2 cm, left 4 cm. - Grading: scale A - F, with F for failed. - A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course
Recommended reading/syllabusPensumliste for BNS132X-FM1 19V Cont Contemporary Issues of the Circumpolar World 2: Politics
- About the course
- Campus: Online | Annet |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: BNS132X
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for reiseliv og nordlige studier
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet