BNS120 Peoples and Cultures of the Circumpolar World - 15 ECTS
Admission requirements: Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English.
A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the web site from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT). For language requirements we refer to NOKUT's GSU-list.
Admission code: 9199 (Nordic applicants).
Objectives: Building competence on the peoples and cultures of the circumpolar world with a special focus on indigenous peoples and the Barents region.
- On indigenous peoples in the Circumpolar North
- On history, identity and culture
- On mass culture and the role of media in forming identities
- The ability to approach culture and cultural differences
- To analyse the interplay between community changes and culture
- To understand indigenous perspectives compared to western ones
- In a multidisciplinary approach to peoples and cultures
- In cross-cultural adaptations in the Circumpolar North
- In peoples and cultures of the Barents region
Answers to given module questions. The answers have to be approved byresponsible teacher before the students are allowed to do the final exam.
A final written home based exam:- Available time: 3 days - Extent. 5 to 6 pages - Font: Times New Roman, 12 pkt., line spacing 1,5. Margins; right,top and bottom 2 cm, left 4 cm. - Grading: scale A ¿ F, with F for failed.
Possibility of re-sit exam in case of F
Error rendering component
- About the course
- Campus: Online | Annet |
- ECTS: 15
- Course code: BNS120
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for reiseliv og nordlige studier
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet