News and Recent Funding
The group has purchased 3D SIM (Strcutured illumination microscope) from GE Healthcare, OMX Blaze module. The state-of-the-art optical nanoscope will be equipped with 3 Camera, 5 lasers and will be capable for live cell imaging with resolution of 100 nm,
- Opstad Ida Sundvor (Master Student): Ida won MedIM Bridging Grant Scholarship. Two such awards were granted in 2016 by MedIM to Master Students (June 2016)
- Øystein Ivar Helle (PhD Student): Won Best Poster Award in ICON-Europe (Nanoscopy Conference) Basel, Switzerland (June 2016)
New Funding (Updated Nov 2015)
Following 3 Projects are recently funded where Balpreet Ahluwalia is the Principle Investigator
2016-2020: “Centre for Advanced Nanoscopy to Decode Sub- cellular Biological Systems”, Funded by UiT Strategic Funding. The project funds 4 PhDs and running cost of 1.25 M NOK.
2015-2017: Indo-Norwegian Cooperation Programme of project INCP-2014/10024. Total Budget 1.2M NOK.
This is a mobility grant and will fund Master, PhD, post-Doc and staff visit to India. The collaboration is with Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Delhi. There is also funding available for Master Student to spend 1 semester in India in 2015-2016, contact Balpreet Ahluwalia for futher information.
2015-2016: IS-DAAD Program with Germany, Project Title" High-speed optical super-resolution nanoscopy for live-cell imaging". Total Budget 240,000 NOK.
- ERC Project Features in Nordlys Newspaper, Tromsø, Norway August 22, 2013
- ERC Project Highlighted at University Website
- Technopreneurship Achievement Featured in Newspaper (Singapore) Lianhe Zaobao, 23rd Dec 2004.
- Optical Tweezers Project Featured in Newspaper (Singapore) Lianhe Zaobao, 24th May 2004.
Sist oppdatert: 11.06.2016 08:40