NOR-0013 Norwegian for International Students - Level 1 - 10 ECTS
Objectives of the course
Knowledge: The candidate has basic knowledge about grammatical rules of inflexion and word order:
- Verbs: the infinitive, present, preterite, present perfect, imperative
- Nouns: gender, number, indefinite and definite forms
- Adjective: agreement
- Pronouns: subject and object forms, and possessives
- Word order in main clauses and subordinate clauses
Skills: The candidate’s skills is equivalent to Level A1/A2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- masters a basic vocabulary of Norwegian everyday language and grammatical rules for inflection and word order
- can speak and write about basic everyday topics, and topics that are known to him and of personal interest, in past, present and future tenses on. The candidate can describe experiences and impressions.
The course focuses on basic vocabulary and grammar, and use of everyday language in both oral and written production.
This course is given as a part of campus Alta’s program for exchange students.
It is also possible for international degree students on campus to sign up for classes after they have been given permission by the faculty. In this case the student himself is responsible if the timetables cross, as the course is only coordinated within the special program for exchange students, and may not necessarily fit into other programs on campus. At least 80 % attendance to classes is required.
It is not possible to attend this course as a private/external candidate.
The Level 1 Course consist of 60 hours of classroom teaching, focusing on practical grammar and exercises, and language practice in groups (reading, listening, vocabulary practice, writing, and speaking).
Students are expected to work independently with the online content of the Norwegian on the Web course.
Examination and assessment
Admission to take the exam requires 4 written assignments, and a minimum of 80% attendance.
Oral exam. Grading A-F.
The assessment focuses on communication and interaction, pronounsiation, vocabulary, grammar, and accuracy.
- About the course
- Campus: Alta |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: NOR-0013
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for lærerutdanning og pedagogikk
Nymo, TorbjørnUniversitetslektor russisk
Yngve EngkvistSeniorrådgiver, ILP