SOK-8008 Programming in Mathematica - 10 ECTS
In order to apply for this course you must be enrolled at a PhD programme. Valid documentation is a statement from your institution that you are a registered PhD student.
PhD students at UiT register for the course through StudentWeb.(Deadline: 1 September)
Other PhD students apply for admission through SøknadsWeb.(Deadline: 1 June)
Contact Ingjerd Gauslaa Nilsen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +47 776 46018 at the BFE-faculty if you have troubles or questions regarding registration to the course.
Knowledge and understanding:
- understands the concept of programming and how it can be utilised
- knows the basic principles of graphical presentations and how to visualise complex patterns
- has a deep understanding of functions and masters symbolic and numerical calculus
- knows the basic principles of linear algebra
- can use Mathematica at a higher level, mastering functional programming techniques and pattern matching
- are able to solve complex problems involving large data sets
- has a good theoretical and practical background in Mathematica programming
- is able to solve complex problems through the use of Mathematica software