Real Algebraic Geometry, Optimization, Computational Algebra, Computational Complexity Theory
- Siden 2019: Professor i Matematikk, UiT, Tromsø.
- 2018 - 2019: Førsteamanuensis, UiT, Tromsø.
- 2016 - 2018: fungerende professor (W2), University Const
- 2012 - 2016: Aalto Science Institute Fellow, Aalto Ylliopisto, Helsingfors.
- 2011 - 2012: Associate Fellow, Future College, Const.
- 2007 - 2011: Stipendiat, Goethe Universität Frankfurt.
- 2000 - 2006 Matematisk økonomi (Universität Ulm)
- 2003 - 2007 Filosofi Bachelor (Universität Ulm)
- 2004 - 2005 Master i matematikk (Université de Bordeaux 1)
- 2007 - 2011 Dr. phil nat i matematikk (Goethe Universität Frankfurt)
- 2009 - 2014 Magister Artiumi Filosofi (Goethe Universität Frankfurt)
- 2018 Habilitation in matematikk (University of Konstanz)
I work in the field of Real Algebraic Geometry and its applications in Nonlinear Optimization. In this context I am interested in polynomial optimization, representation of positive polynomials by sums of squares, moment problems, quadrature formulas, algorithmic complexity, convex sets and semidefinite relaxation. One of my reserach focuses is on Symmetry in Quantitative and Algorithmic Real Algebraic Geometry. In case you are interested to write a Master thesis in the Algebra group, feel free to contact me. Also note that there is currently to possibility for a PhD position in Tromsø within the POEMA reserach project. I am also very much interested in philosophical questions related to mathematics and in particular determinism.