BED-3077 International marketing - 10 ECTS
Students have to hold a bachelor's degree (180 ECTS) in one of the following disciplines: Business, Management, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics, Health, Energy, Fisheries or Biotechnology.
The Norwegian grading system is an A-F scale in which A is the highest score and F is fail. An average grade C from a bachelor degree issued in Norway is the minimum requirement for admission to the master's level for students with Norwegian study background.
Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand must have an average grade C as a minimum, or the corresponding numerical mark/percentage score to be considered for admission.
Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in countries other than the above mentioned region/countries must have an average grade B as a minimum, or the corresponding numerical mark/percentage score to be considered for admission.
- The candidate has knowledge about some of the ongoing debates within the research field of international marketing of firms as well as specialized knowledge about the key challenges facing business in foreign markets.
- The candidate has thorough knowledge about key theoretical approaches that exist within the field of international marketing.
- The candidate can apply the knowledge acquired in the course to new and relevant problems that they identify related to the internationalization process of firms and marketing issues in foreign markets.
- The candidate is capable of both analyzing information from different sources and to take a critical approach to how these sources of information could be analyzed. These analyses form the basis from where the candidate develops well-reasoned arguments.
- The candidate is capable of carrying out work independently, including reviewing theories and scientific work, and to find solutions to theoretical and practical problems.
- The candidate is capable of carrying out a small research project under supervision.
- The candidate is capable of analyzing relevant problems that are of interest to professionals in business and researchers.
- Based on the knowledge and skills acquired in the course, the candidate is capable to carry out work tasks and projects related to the internationalization and marketing activities of the firm.
The candidate is capable of presenting and explaining research results and key concepts rooted in international marketing research.
The course is offered as an ordinary course at the university campus. It is required that the students are present at campus because the course requires that the students take part in course activities that are compulsory, including the group assignment. The teaching will consist of lectures, group work, presentations, discussions, and role-play (cross-cultural communication). Each group will present the results of the group assignment. Each member of the groups will take part in the presentations.
The schedule (timeplan) BED - 3077 offers information about where and when lectures, group work, presentations, supervision and role-play will find place.
The teaching plan will be available in Canvas just before the start of the semester.
The student is responsible to ensure that he/she gets the information given during the classroom activities, and that is not given in the schedule, teaching plan, in Canvas or in the required course readings.
It is expected that the students master the use of word processing.
The students are encouraged to read the literature given in the lecture plan before attending a class. This will make the student better prepared to ask questions and to take part in discussions. In the first lecture, the students will be divided into groups for the group assignment and presentations of articles in class. It is therefore of great importance that students attend the first lecture.
For the Group assignment the students will be offered supervision. More detailed information regarding supervision will be made available in Canvas. Prepare questions/issues that you want to discuss before the meeting.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this course? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
|Off campus exam||28.11.2022 14:00||4/10||A–E, fail F|
|Off campus exam||09.12.2022 14:00||6/10||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Requirement 1||Approved/ Not approved|
|Requirement 2||Approved/ Not approved|
|Requirement 3||Approved/ Not approved|
The students have to complete some requirements in order to write the individual home examination.
Requirement 1: The student has to take part in presenting an article (together with others) or take the role as a discussant that is given the responsibility of an article being presented. The schedule for the presentation will be given in the beginning of the semester.
Requirement 2: Each group will present the group assignment, and each member of the group has to contribute in the presentation. The schedule for the presentation will be given in the beginning of the semester.
Requirement 3: The students will practice a roleplay (cross-cultural communication in a negotiation setting). The session will last 4 hours. The groups have to prepare, carry out negotiations and take part in the discussions after the negotiations; which challenges emerged due to communication across cultures and how were they managed? The schedule for the role-play will be given at the beginning of the semester.
The students have to submit documentation like medical certificate to the student administration if the student does not complete one or more of the requirements. Documentation is required in order to find an alternative requirement, and to find a new date for the submission, and/or finding a date for performing the roleplay.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: BED-3077
- Responsible unit
- Handelshøgskolen ved UiT
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet