MBI-3007 Eukaryotic Genes and Genomics - 10 ECTS
Pre-requisites: a bachelor in biomedicine, or an equivalent bachelor degree.
Applicationcode (nordic applicants): 9371
The minimum average grade requirement is:
- C - for bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand
- B - for bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in all other countries
The student should be able to;
- Describe the content, structure, organization, regulation and evolution of eukaryotic genes and genomes on the DNA and RNA levels.
- Describe the dynamic genome involving transposable elements, retrovirus and recombination and hypermutation in the immune system.
- Describe epigenetic mechanisms and modification of DNA and RNA.
- Describe the transcriptiome, RNA function, structure, organization, evolution and regulation.
- Explain genomic abnormalities in relation to disease.
- Give an oral presentation of a topic based on analyses of scientific articles
4 hours written exam, graded alphabetically A-F.
Students must pass the coursework requirements in the form of a student presentation of a topic based on analyses of scientific articles in order to be able to attend the final examination.
A re-sit exam/postponed exam will be arranged early in the following semester, for candidates who failed the exam, or who, for valid reasons, were unable to attend.