STA-3301 Applied statistical methods and data analysis - 10 ECTS
The student will obtain knowledge of:
- the most common probability distributions.
- fundamental concepts in statistical inference, including point and interval estimation, hypothesis testing and statistical significance.
- fundamental theory for multiple linear regression and analysis of variance (ANOVA).
The student will be able to:
- give descriptive statistics to summarize a data set.
- perform one- and two-sample analysis, multiple regression and analysis of variance using statistical software like R.
- interpret the results of a statistical analysis.
- discuss and evaluate the limitations and strengths of statistical analyses.
The student will obtain competence to:
- read and understand statistical analyses within relevant fields of study.
- choose relevant statistical methods to analyse a given data set
- communicate and disseminate the results from statistical analyses.
|Examination systems:||Duration:||Grade scale:|
|Oral exam||1 Hours||A–E, fail F|
|Coursework requirements – To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:|
|Mandatory assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: STA-3301
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for matematikk og statistikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet