BED-2145 Consumer Behaviour and Active Retailing - 10 ECTS
Collection of facts, concepts, theories and techniques acquired by the degree holder. Knowledge can both be theoretical and applied. The student should:
- Understand the importance of marketing metrics and evidence-based practice
- Be able to account for selected concepts, theories, methods and practice in consumer behavior and active retailing (see e.g. the objective of the course)
- Acquire a consumer centric focus and awareness of mega trends affecting consumers’ behavior
- Can understand and tackle issues in retailing marketing in a professional context
- Are able to segment consumers based on different criteria, including involvement and decision-making
- Can use the conceptualization and methodology of active retailing in practice
- Can collect and organize information about important trends in the society and analyze such information in terms of consequences for consumer behavior and retail strategy.
- Can initiate marketing research in retailing and contribute to the development of retail strategies and in-store marketing campaigns
- Are capable of presenting and describing marketing management issues and research findings in English
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has academic prerequisites. Please see the «Admission requirements» section for more information. To add this course to your Learning Agreement, you must have completed at least 60 ECTS credits in business administration.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
Students must pass one compulsory assignment before qualifying for examination. Students can work individually or in groups on the assignment.
Approved coursework requirements will be valid for 4 continuous semesters, counting from the first submitted coursework.
A four hours individual written school exam that count for 100% of the grade. Grading ranging from A-F, where F is failure to pass the exam.
Language of examination is English or Norwegian.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
- About the course
- Campus: Ukjent | Annet |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: BED-2145
- Responsible unit
- Handelshøgskolen ved UiT