INF-2900 Software engineering - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student
- has broad knowledge on the various aspects of the software life cycle,
- has in-depth understanding of the agile software development process.
Skills - The student
- has first-hand experience on the various practices in an agile development, including requirement gathering and specification, project estimation and planning, collaboration and project management, software design, implementation, debugging, testing and maintenance, software demo, documentation, user feedback, group retrospectives, and so on.
- has first-hand experience in some specific software development methods, including test-driven development, code refactoring, and so on.
- is proficient in using some specific software development tools, including source code management, test automation and so on.
General competence - The student
- is competent in team work and problem solving.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has recommended academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
The examination consist of the following two parts:
- Submitting a semester-long project work done in groups followed by a group presentation of this project work. All students in the group get the same grade. Counting 50%.
- Individual oral examination, counting 50%.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Re-sit examination: A re-sit examination for the two examination components will not be given. Exception: if a postponed exam already is arranged for the individual oral examination (conditional re-sit exam) then students who got an F on this examination component also get access to it.
Postponed examination: Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination for the module in question. If practically possible the examination are arranged during the semester as soon as the reasons for absence have ceased.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for studies and examinations at UiT
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2900
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet