INE-3609 Supply Chain Management - 5 ECTS
During the course, we will discuss key strategic drivers of supply chain performance. Theories, technologies, methods and tools in managing these drivers will also be explored. Other relevant contents include:
1. basic theories in competitive strategy
2. the strategic balance and basic elements in supply chain management
3. network planning and distribution
4. forecasting and revenue management
5. international supply chain and sourcing management
6. sustainability as main driving force in managing supply chain
The course is designed to help student to grasp basic concepts, theories, and methodologies for value creation through logistics and supply chain management. The contemporary management of a global supply chain has also been scrutinized with an increasing focus on sustainability.
After passing the course, students will have the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
- within the academic field of logistics and supply chain management and specialized insight in managing drivers for performance management of a supply chain.
- on different theories and methods in the field of supply chain management.
- has thorough knowledge of the different theories and methodologies that enable holistic thinking of a supply chain system.
- using the theoretical knowledge and methods and can work systematically and independently on practical and theoretical problems
- using relevant methods in supply chain management to perform research and development work in an independent manner
- can carry out an independent, limited research or development project within the field of supply chain management
- apply the knowledge and skills within supply chain management to related areas in order to carry out advanced assignments and projects
- communicate about academic issues and with relevant industrial sectors by using the relevant terminology to communicate with specialists and also with the general public
- contribute to new thinking and innovation processes by using the knowledge and skills from the course.
Coursework / Course requirements
50% of exercises are mandatory. Submission deadlines will be specified in the task text.
Examination and assessment
3 hour written exam account for 100% of the grade in the course.
The grading will be done by using a A-F grading scale, where F is a fail.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: INE-3609
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for industriell teknologi