SOK-3010 Advanced Macroeconomics - 10 ECTS
Applicants from Nordic countries: June 1st for the autumn semester and December 1st for the spring semester. Exchange students: October 1st for the spring semester and April 15th for the autumn semester.
Exchange students are students from academic institutions with which UiT The Arctic University of Norway have formal exchange agreements.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in economics. (An example of an equivalent degree can be another bachelor¿s degree containing a minimum of 80 ECTS in economics.)
· The Norwegian grading system is an A-F scale in which A is the highest score and F is fail. An average grade C from a bachelor degree issued in Norway is the minimum requirement for admission to the master's level for students with Norwegian study background.
· Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand must have an average grade C as a minimum, or the corresponding numerical mark/percentage score to be considered for admission.
· Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in countries other than the above mentioned region/countries must have an average grade B as a minimum, or the corresponding numerical mark/percentage score to be considered for admission.
Application code 9371
Students who have successfully completed the course should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and comprehension: The students will have knowledge of
- macroeconomic models of economic growth
- basic theories of the labour market, to understand how unemployment and productivity differences can arise as equilibrium phenomena
- empirical works testing the theoretical predictions
Skills: The students will develop skill to:
- use analytical models to formulate and analyze macroeconomic questions
- formulate and analyze issues related to performance of the labour market and long-term economic growth
- apply theoretical concepts and ideas to undertake relevant empirical work
Competence: The student should be able to
- read, understand and present economic models and results from current research on macroeconomics
- apply theories and principles and develop expertise in addressing macroeconomic questions
- discuss and analyse central questions pertaining to the present macroeconomic situation
4 hours written examination. A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail. A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
Course work requirement: hand in.
The course work requirement must be approved before sitting for the exam.
Place of exam: Tromsø.
Language of examination is English.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SOK-3010
- Responsible unit
- Handelshøgskolen ved UiT