SPL-3010 Culture, Politics and Planning - 10 ECTS
Bachelor degree in a social science subject is required as a general rule.
The minimum average grade requirement is:
- C - for bachelor¿s degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand
- B - for bachelor¿s degree or equivalent issued in all other countries
The course requires solid competence in reading and writing English.
Application code: 9371.
The students have the following learning outcomes:
The student has:
- A basic theoretical insight in challenges of development and North-South relations with special emphasis on aspects of culture and planning and the interfaces of culture and planning.
The student is able to:
- Make sense of historical and current perspectives on culture, knowledge production, social capital, gender and planning with relevance for development and NGOs.
- Competent application of theoretical and analytical concepts relevant to culture, planning and development
Obligatory attendance in 75 per cent of the lectures must be documented. Presentation of an article at a seminar.
The assessment method will consist of a 8-10-page (approximately 3500-4000 words) essay, to be written during home exam. Duration home exam: 1 week.
The Grade-scale goes from A (tope score) to E (pass) and F (fail). A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SPL-3010
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for samfunnsvitenskap