SVF-3024 Conflict Resolution and Conflict Transformation - 20 ECTS
Students who have successfully completed the course should have an in-depth conceptual understanding of diverse strategies for managing, resolving and/or transforming violent conflicts at the system, state and individual level. More specifically, they should have:
- The ability to review theories relating to managing, resolving and/or transforming violent conflicts across all levels of analysis.
- An understanding of and being able to identify the contextual relevance and challenges of mediation, peacekeeping, transitional justice, arms control and DDR.
- A grasp of the nature, goals and challenges of international law and peace education.
- The ability to explore the gender dimensions and alternative approaches to the management, resolution and transformation of violent conflicts.
Candidates will write a home examination of max. 8000 words (approx. 20 pages) within two weeks on a set of given topics.
An oral exam will also be conducted to assess the candidates' knowledge of the submitted essays and course readings. The oral exam may adjust the grade for the submitted essays.
Grading is on the scale of A to F, where F=Fail. The course is open for re-sit examination in the following semester.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 20
- Course code: SVF-3024
- Responsible unit
- Fakultet for humaniora, samfunnsvitenskap og lærerutdanning