TEK-3010 Marine Operations in the Ocean Space - 10 ECTS
- The ocean environment
- Operational challenges in the ocean space and surface border
- Engineering tools with emphasis on Orcaflex
Advanced marine hydrodynamics
- Kinematics and dynamics of ocean waves
- Natural frequencies, frequency of encounter, resonance
- Wave-induced loads and motions
- Strip theory
- Response Amplitude Operators (RAOs)
- Minimization of vessel motions
- Weather window
- Uncertainties in weather forecasting
- Weather-routing systems
- Principle of Dynamic Positioning
- Catenary and mooring analysis
Modelling and simulation of case studies
- Marine seismic operations
- Cable operations
- Anchor handling
- Bow loading
- ROV/UAV operations
- has a knowledge of the basic principles of marine operations in the ocean space with emphasis on how the environment is affecting the operations.
- has a thorough understanding of the key environmental factors affecting the performance of marine operations in the ocean space,
- has a knowledge of the fundamental hydrodynamics on as a theoretical basis for operations in the surface zone,
- has a knowledge of the basic principles in determining the operational window based on weather conditions,
- has a knowledge of the principles in weather-routing systems and its applications, possibilities and limitations,
- has an overview of the principles and operational challenges of station-keeping,
- has a good knowledge of how marine operations can be modelled and simulated.
- is able to use appropriate SW tools to perform static and dynamic analysis of marine operations,
- is able to understand limitations in modelling and simulation of marine operations,
- is able to propose and evaluate solutions for planning of effective operations.
- is able to work in project teams of Marine Operations.
- has the foundation to acquire new and more advanced knowledge related to work tasks and operations within the marine field.
- is able to contribute in discussions regarding relevant marine operations.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: TEK-3010
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for teknologi og sikkerhet