På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
ELE-3604 Distributed Generation and Micro Grids: Concepts and Roles - 5 ECTS
After having followed the course, the candidate shall have obtained insight in:
- Knowledge of Distributed Generation (DG) and its roles.
- Modeling of Different types of Generators for Distributed Generation.
- Knowledge of Micro Grids and its means to integrate DG.
- Knowledge of micro grid operation and control issues/challenges.
- Knowledge of micro grid projects.
- Working in microgrid project works.
After having followed the course, the candidate shall be able to:
- Make and analyze modeling of generators for DG.
- Perform and analyze simple DG modeling, simulation.
- Perform and analyze simple micro grid modeling, simulation.
- Perform and make simple controllers for micro grid operation.
- Development of simple projects on DG and micro grids.
- The candidate will have a good understanding about DG, micro grid and it controllers
Mandatory tasks: Projects (in groups; depends on the number of students) with report writing and presentations.
Assessment: No written examination. Final assessment will be done by the project works, project report writing, presentation and via-voice (by external sensor). Assessment according to standard A-F grading scale.
Re-sit exam: A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course. Subject to general rules.