På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
STE6256 Instrumentation and Measuring Systems - 5 ECTS
Description of Measurement and Instrumentation tasks in Electrical Power Conversion systems.
Mathematical modelling of static and dynamic operation of electronic measurement system elements.
Static and dynamic errors and accuracy in measurement systems.
Design with operation amplifiers. Analog filters.
Analog to digital and digital to analog conversion.
Sensors and transducer for light, flux, voltage, current, temperature, force, speed, position and acceleration measurements.
After finishing the course, the candidate has built knowledge on:
- Fundamental principles of electronic measurement and signal condition in Electric Energy Conversion systems
- Physical principles and characteristics of sensing elements
- Signal and Noise in Measurement systems
- Filter operation and tuning
After having followed the course, the candidate shall be able to:
- Build Mathematical Models describing the behavior of instrumentation systems and their sub system components.
- Specify, select components and design signal processing elements for electronic measurement in Electric Energy Conversion systems.
- Integrate measuring elements into physical models.
- Develop ability to apply current techniques and tools, for model based design of signal condition circuits for Monitoring and Control of Electric Energy Conversion systems.
Date for examinationTake home assignment hand out date 19.05.2020 hand in date 19.05.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.