FYS-2010 Digital image processing - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student can:
- describe fundamental image processing techniques
- use basic image processing techniques to solve a given problem
Skills - The student can:
- explain the theory behind and application domain of various basic intensity transforms, spatial filters and frequency domain filters
- apply image restoration and reconstruction techniques
- apply color image processing techniques
- explain image segmentation and thresholding techniques
- evaluate various image processing techniques applied to a given problem
General expertise - The student can:
- implement image processing techniques in a programming language
- interpret and discuss various image processing techniques
- a take-home examination counting about 20 %
- a final 4 hour written examination counting about 80 %.
All components in the portfolio are assessed as a whole and one combined grade is given.
Assessment scale: Letter grades A-F. A is the highest grade and F is failed.
Postponed examination (sections 17 and 21): Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination. Postponed take-home examination is arranged during the semester if possible, otherwise early in the following semester. Postponed written examination is held early in the following semester.
See indicated sections in Regulations for examinations at the UiT The arctic university of Norway for more information.