REI-1001 Introduction to Arctic Adventure Tourism - 20 ECTS
Admission requirements: Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English.
A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the web site from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT). For language requirements we refer to NOKUT's GSU-list.
Admission code: 9199
- has basic knowledge of different theoretical perspectives in tourism studies.
- has basic knowledge about the tourism sector and the complex effects of tourism on nature and local communities.
- can apply scientific theory and methods on case studies.
- has knowledge about academic texts and writing processes.
- understands learning strategies, sources and plagiarism.
- is able to critically consider information on tourism gained from different sources.
- can demonstrate analytical capacity by formulating scientific arguments.
- can relate to existing theories and methods and apply these on case studies.
- understands central academic and ethical challenges in regard to tourism.
- is able to convey basic academic material and sources to develop a deeper understanding of tourism.
- can reflect on innovation in tourism related to the need for more responsible and sustainable tourism.
- can contribute to sustainable and responsible tourism.
- 1 written individual assignment
- 1 written group assignment, including oral presentation
- 70% attendance
Required attendance, including participation in the excursion, and assignments must be approved in order to take the exam.
- Individual, written school exam. Duration: 6 hours.
Grades: A - E for passed exam, F for failed. Possibility of resit exam in case of F.
See the guideline for reset examination on: https://en.uit.no/exams