ELE-3501 Control Engineering - 10 stp
The candidate will gain knowledge of fundamental concepts for analysis, synthesis and design of control systems
- state-space, time domain and frequency domain frameworks
- dynamic models and dynamic response
- linear systems and linearization
- stability of systems and equilibrium points
- PID control and tuning
- LQR control
- Observers and estimators
- Nonlinear Control
- Robust state feedback
- The candidate will be able to apply common techniques and tools for design of control systems, including model-based, optimal and nonlinear control techniques, and basic computer aided methods
The candidate will be able to demonstrate understanding of central, associated principles and concepts.
Gene Franklin, J Powell, Abbas Emami-Naeini, Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems, Global Edition, 7th Edition, Sep 2014, Paperback, 880 pages, ISBN13: 9781292068909, ISBN10: 1292068906
Hassan K. Khalil, Nonlinear Control, global edition, 2015, Paperback, 400 pages, ISBN13: 9781292060507, ISBN10: 1292060506
Handouts distributed during course.