BED-2141 Business Administration and Strategic Marketing - 15 ECTS
This subject is open for single subject students. Admission requirement: Basic entrance requirements for Higher Education Entrance Qualification.
Proof of English proficiency. Basic entrance requirements for Higher Education Entrance Qualification. Proof of English proficiency. As a general requirement, all applicants to Norwegian Higher Education must document their proficiency in English on an advanced level, either through education or our approved international examination/test. Please find more info at www.uit.no
After completing the course the candidate will:
- Have broad knowledge about basic theories in the field of business administration and strategic marketing.
- Have knowledge of research and theories in the field of business administration, relevant for management of a tourism and hospitality enterprise.
- Understand the essentials of entrepreneurship in travel and hospitality in the Barents Region
- Have an understanding of management of a tourism and hospitality enterprise
- Have an understanding of marketing of travel and hospitality businesses
- Know how to create value for the customer
- Gain insight into how to study the Barents Region as an area for development.
After completing the course the candidate should:
- Be able to identify challenges in business development
- Be able to identify the needed elements of a marketing plan
- Know how to apply relevant theories to practical cases within businesses
- Be able to analyze and reflect upon relevant marketing and business related issues, such as service-mindedness, internationalization, service management, business know-how, innovativeness, ethics and service environments.
- Be able to apply the theory and argue for choices made.
- Be able to give a theoretical and analytical description of and argumentation for what is especially pertinent in international business cooperation and international marketing
- Have the competence to analyze the Barents Region from an entrepreneurial perspective.
After completing the course the candidate
- Is able to reflect upon current issues in the field of marketing and business administration
- Have an insight into the relevant challenges connected to business and marketing
- Can plan and complete tasks and projects by use of business and marketing theories and use these to analyze various problems connected to these areas, in line with ethical demands/guidelines.
- Will have the competences needed in cross-border business in the travel and hospitality industry in Arctic regions.
- Will have the cultural awareness related to cooperation in international business of the hospitality and tourism sector, including esthetical and ethical aspects, and also the utilization of cultural characteristics in service activities.
- Will have knowledge of marketing theories and can engage in general discussions about the field of study.
- Is able to apply the knowledge and skills in business planning.
Part 1: There will be a four-hour online open source exam counting for 60% of the final grade.
Part 2: The papers written during the course constitute the second half of the assessment, counting 40% of the final grade.
The final grade is based on the work assignments and the written examination.
The grading scale from A - F will be utilised whereby A is the best grade and F is failed.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.