JUR-3910 Master's thesis in Law of the Sea - 30 ECTS
Knowledge: Having passed the exam, the student shall have acquired:
- Advanced knowledge on processing and presenting larger legal or partly legal research questions
- Advanced knowledge in legal methodology in order to undertake independent analysis of theme and sources, including advanced knowledge on the use of references to legal sources
- Advanced knowledge within a particular theme within the law of the sea.
- Knowledge on ethical dilemmas in legal research
Skills: Having passed the exam, the student shall be able to:
- •Identify, formulate and discuss legal research questions on the basis of a larger set of sources, including the ability to split research questions into several sub-questions.
- Apply legal sources in a critical and independent way.
- Argue in a transparent and as complete manner as possible, with precise and verifiable use of references.
- Produce a lager legal study on minimum 12 000 words and maximum 18 000 words.
- Distinguish between legal doctrine analyses and normative discussions in legal presentations, including critical review of applicable law and discussions of need for revisions.
- Present and communicate in writing legal arguments in a clear and precise manner to the academic community
- Identify and understand the societal relevance of the legal research questions to be investigated