FYS-3024 Biomedical Instrumentation and Imaging - 10 stp
The course is available as a singular course. The course is also available to exchange students and free-movers.
The course will only be taught if there is a sufficient number of students. Are you interested in following the course, please contact the student advisor as soon as possible.
Knowledge - The student will be able to:
- understand various principles for medical imaging and potential patient side effects of each modality
- get an overview of the design and implementation stages of medical measurement systems
- understand explicitly how images are formed through excitation and signal processing of the received waveforms
Skills - The student will be able to:
- analyze and quantify the performance of medical measurement systems based on performance parameters
- identify medical modalities and know which diagnostic cases they are typically used
General expertise - The student will be able to:
- understand the physical principles used in modern medicine
- understand technological applications based on different physical measurement principles
Portfolio assessment of a project assignment counting about 40 % and a final oral examination counting about 60 %. All modules in the portfolio are assessed as a whole and one combined grade is given. Assessment scale: Letter grades A-F.
Re-sit examination (section 22): There is no access to a re-sit examination in this course.
Postponed examination (sections 17 and 21): Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination for the module in question. Both postponed project assignment and postponed oral examination are arranged during the semester if possible, otherwise early in the following semester. New ordinary examination (section 25):
See indicated sections in Regulations for examinations at the UiT The arctic university of Norway for more information.
Coursework requirements: Access to the final examination requires submission of project assignment.