FAR-8311 Advanced Analytical Chemistry 2 - 5 ECTS
PhD students or holders of a Norwegian master´s degree of five years or 3+ 2 years in pharmacy or molecular sciences (or equivalent, such as chemistry, biochemistry or biotechnology) may be admitted. Valid documentation is a statement from your institution that you are a registered PhD student, or a Master´s Diploma with Diploma Supplement / English translation of the diploma.
Students should preferably have a good background in analytical chemistry.
- shall have a high knowledge within the strenghts and weaknesses of different chromatographic systems given a specific analytical challenge.
- shall have a high knowledge within the strenghts and weaknesses of different mass spectrometers given a specific analytical challenge.
- shall have high knowledge of methods and instrumentation for peptide synthesis and analysis.
- can handle complex questions about choice of extraction and analytical methods based on chemical structure and information about the sample matrix.
- can evaluate different chromatographic methods up against each other based on the analytical challenge.
- can set up small projects within metabolomics and proteomics that can contribute to develop new knowledge.
- can plan and implement analytical projects based on theoretical knowledge of the selected analyte and available analytical equipment.
- can identify relevant ethical questions regarding the research and perform the research with scientific integrity.
|Oral exam||08.09.2023 09:00
||Passed / Not Passed|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Lectures||Approved – not approved|
|Seminar||Approved – not approved|
|Presentation of collection of articles||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: FAR-8311
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for farmasi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet