TEK-6005 Industry 4.0 - 0 ECTS
The course is divided into two modules focusing the adaptation of Industry 4.0 in both logistics and manufacturing. The academic contents include the following knowledge:
- Smart logistics and supply chains including theories, technologies, and models and algorithm.
- Robotics and automation.
- CPS-based intelligent manufacturing process and logistics system.
The course aims at providing students with the introductory knowledge of Industry 4.0, in which theoretical foundations, enabling technologies, smart solutions as well as their applications in manufacturing, logistics and supply chain will be introduced.
Knowledge and understanding:
- Understand the concept of Industry 4.0 and sustainability.
- Understand the enabling technologies and smart methods in Industry 4.0.
- Understand how these technologies will help to improve the effectiveness and sustainability of a system.
- Be able to use the concept of Industry 4.0 in different industries, businesses and public sectors.
- Be able to consider the sustainability of a system or a process.
- Be able to apply new technologies and smart solutions to improve the performance of a system or a process.
- After completion of the course, students should be able to understand and to apply different technologies and smart solutions in a variety of industries and businesses in order to improve both effectiveness and sustainability of a system or a process.
- About the course
- Campus: Nettbasert | Annet |
- ECTS: 0
- Course code: TEK-6005
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for industriell teknologi