På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
BNS-2001 Regional Economy and Innovation - 10 ECTS
Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse. Admission procedures for foreign applicants, please read: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=351800
Admission code: 9199
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe basic knowledge about globalisation and its key actors.
- Explain the dynamics of evolutionary and institutional economics, regional clusters, the concept of (global) value chains as well as a general understanding of innovation and innovation systems, institutional pillars of modern spatial economics and regional development policy.
- Analyse international value chains and issues of globalisation, and the impact of economic institutions.
- Assess main dynamics of international trade and competitiveness in the regions.
- Insight and knowledge on the changing pattern of modern regional enterprises and the new role of states in the globalised world
Lectures alternating with seminars including group work.
Students are expected to apply topics from theory to real-life cases taken from personal experience and/or public sources of information. Over the period of the course, students will subsequently work on their respective individual term papers.
Quality assurance; Upon completion, students will anonymously evaluate the course.
The following coursework requirements must be completed and approved in order to be allowed to sit the final exam:
- Short individual and group presentations in class;
- One draft of a term paper on a self-selected case and a final term paper to be delivered at the end of the course.
- Class attendance is obligatory (at least 75 %)
A final 4-hour school exam.
Grading: scale A - F, A - E are passing grades, F is a fail. Re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
Guidelines for retaking examination see Regulations for examinations at the UiT, Chapter IV for Postponed, re-sit and extraordinary examinations, etc.https://en.uit.no/exams