BIO-3512 Early life of marine fish - 10 ECTS
- demonstrate broad insight in reproductive strategies and gonad development of marine fish
- describe embryo- and larval development of fish, including variations in developmental patterns between species
- understand the biology and functionality of early life history stages of fish
- summarize environmental factors that affect development and growth
- explain the causes for variable egg- and larval survival and growth in nature and culture
- have some insight into egg/larval sampling methodology and species identification
- produce scientific essay based on broad knowledge of relevant literature
Essay (counts 40 %), 4 hours written examination (counts 60 %). A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail.
Obligatory Coursework requirements: Laboratory report. All coursework requirements must be approved in order to take the exam.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.