BED-2137 Service Management - 10 ECTS
After completing the course, the candidate will have insight into
- Background and theories of service management
- Why service management is of importance
- The characteristics of services
- External marketing ¿ company to customer
- Internal marketing ¿ company to employees
- Interactive marketing ¿ employees to customer
- Different aspects of service qualities
- How service failures occurs and how to respond
Skills After completing the course, the candidate will be able to
- Use relevant theory to enable, make and deliver the service promise
- Use the service marketing triangle as a management tool
- Find and evaluate theoretical aspects of service quality and quality failures
- Analyze and discuss relevant challenges related to service management
After completing the course, the candidate will be able to
- Assess and use relevant service management theories
- Exchange ideas and views related to a service dominant logic
- Discuss and debate different concepts of services
- Carry out oral and written presentations on both the customers¿ and the businesses¿ roles in service delivery
There will be a compulsory group/individual work consisting of a written part and an oral presentation in class. The assignment must be approved before students qualify for exam.
4-hour individual written school exam. The exam is graded by one internal examiner and one external examiner using a grading system ranging from A-F, where F is failure to pass the exam.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.