BIO-3014 Biological Rhythms - 10 ECTS
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the general principles and central questions in Chronobiology
- Explain the ecological and behavioural importance of biological rhythms
- Demonstrate and explain the - physiological, - genetic and - molecular basis for biological rhythms
- Demonstrate and explain examples of biological rhythms
- Understanding the process of generating scientific knowledge
- Communicating science both, orally and in writing
- Review and extract relevant information from scientific literature
- Critical analysis of published scientific literature within the discipline at MSc level
- Presenting scientific content clearly and in logical order while using language appropriate for the audience and occasion
- Proposing, discussing and evaluating hypothesis
Oral presentation (30%) and 3 h final written exam (70%). Both must be passed in order to receive a passing grade. A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail.
Lab report - must be approved in order to be able to take the exam.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
Date for examinationFinal written exam 09.12.2019
Oral presentation 09.12.2019
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.