BIO-3018 Environmental Molecular Genetics - 20 ECTS
The number of participants is limited to 10.
Local admission, application code 9371 - - Master`s level singular course. Admission requires a Bachelor`s degree (180 ECTS) or equivalent qualification, with a major in biology of minimum 80 ECTS.
Recommended skills corresponding to courses BIO-2601 General Microbiology (10 stp) BIO-2106 Microscopical imaging techniques (10 stp), BIO-2009 Green Biotechnology and Bioenergy (10 stp).
- Theory of microbial ecology and epigenetics
- Theory of gene and gene expression analyses
- Critical consideration of scientific literature within the topics for the course How to write a laboratory report
- Critical assessment of own results
- Isolation of DNA and RNA from environmental samples
- Preparation of samples for sequencing
- Bioinformatics - analysis of sequencing results, sequence assemblies
- Gene expression (qPCR), methylation status analysis
- Present objectives, methods and results.
- Oral and written discussion of results
- Theory of environmental genetics
- Experimental design
- Molecular laboratory work
- Evaluation of methods
- Discussion of results
- Presentation of results
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
Date for examinationLaboratory report hand out date 01.11.2019 hand in date 15.11.2019
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.