På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
BIO-3018 Environmental Molecular Genetics - 20 ECTS
The number of participants is limited to 10.
Local admission, application code 9371 - - Master`s level singular course. Admission requires a Bachelor`s degree (180 ECTS) or equivalent qualification, with a major in biology of minimum 80 ECTS.
Recommended skills corresponding to courses BIO-2601 General Microbiology (10 stp) BIO-2106 Microscopical imaging techniques (10 stp), BIO-2009 Green Biotechnology and Bioenergy (10 stp)
- Theory of microbial ecology and epigenetics
- Theory of gene and gene expression analyses
- Critical consideration of scientific literature within the topics for the course ¿ How to write a laboratory report
- Critical assessment of own results
- Isolation of DNA and RNA from environmental samples
- Preparation of samples for sequencing
- Bioinformatics - analysis of sequencing results, sequence assemblies
- Gene expression (qPCR), methylation status analysis
- Present objectives, methods and results.
- Oral and written discussion of results
- Theory of environmental genetics
- Experimental design
- Molecular laboratory work
- Evaluation of methods
- Discussion of results
- Presentation of results