BED-3029 Idea Evaluation and Strategy - 10 ECTS
The course is divided into two sections:
The first section gives a general overview of idea evaluation, understanding and determining the important assets and features of a specific idea or project, and the clarification of the ownership structure surrounding the idea or project.
The second section deals with strategies for evaluating ideas and exploring their commercial feasibility and preparing for competitive strategies in the market. The section also gives training in how to use early-stage analysis of technological, competitive and market opportunities.
Students who have successfully completed the course should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and comprehension:
- Knowledge of the key concepts and options in idea evaluation
- Awareness of the critical role that idea evaluation plays in the commercialization of knowledge based ideas
- Knowledge about roles of different actors and their utilization of project evaluation tools
The course should prepare the student to:
- Carry out feasibility studies as well as build competitive strategies to launch ideas to the market
- Apply theoretical concepts and ideas to new areas
- Using assessment strategies of evaluating the commercial potential of an idea and its realisation
- The students should be able independently and cooperatively to develop their own competence and expertise in the field of idea evaluation
- The students should be able to discuss central questions, analyse and conclude the project evaluation steps and their obstacles in order to achieve the overall potential of an idea and the idea development
- The students are competent in the implementation process of idea evaluations and their realization