BIO-2201 Bachelor's Thesis in Biology - 10 ECTS
The purpose of the thesis is that the student should learn how to:
- apply the knowledge gained from the study
- define a research topic
- examine literature and scientific information research within a certain biological discipline
- collect and examine relevant information
- choose analysis method
- create a readable presentation. The structure of the thesis is practically the same as an article in a scientific journal, which is; Table of contents, Abstract, Introduction, (Methods), Discussion, Conclusions, (Appendices) and References.
Deadlines for handing in the bachelor`s assignment: June 1 (spring semester) and December 15. (autumn semester). Grades: A-F, F is failed.
The assignment should be:
- approx. 20 pages including figures and tables when writing a literature review.
- approx. 20 pages including figures and tables when the thesis is a practical/experimental work.