Project Ar2CorD focuses on the optimisation and durability assessment of low carbon concrete (LCC), supported by environmental analysis. LCC with substitution of min. 30% of cement by locally available SCM will be tested. The durability assessment of LCC will be addressed by (A) verification of existing, modified or newly designed accelerated freeze-thaw durability tests; and (B) initiation of natural weathering environment exposure at a long-term durability monitoring test site which will be established in Narvik Harbour within Ar2CorD project. The benefits of low carbon concrete will be verified by EPD and LCA.
Strengthening the capacity for climate change adaptation, and resource sufficiency in NPA communities.
- UiT, The Arctic University of Norway with Betongfokus and Betong Norge - Precast concrete association (Norway)
- Permagreen Grønland A/S (Greenland)
- Reykjavik University with Housing and Construction Authority (Iceland)
- BM Vallá ehf. (Iceland)
- Heidelberg Materials Cement Norway - former NORCEM AS (Norway)
- University of Oulu, with Ruskon Betoni Oy and Suomen betoniyhdistys ry (Finland)
- Lulea University of Technology (Sweden)
- Heidelberg Materials Concrete Sweden - former Bentongindustri (Sweden)