SVF-3024 Conflict Resolution and Conflict Transformation - 20 ECTS
Students, who are not registered for the Master`s Degree Programme in Peace and Conflict Transformation (MPCT), must have a Bachelor`s degree in Humanities or Social Sciences. An average grade equivalent to C or better in the Norwegian grading system is required.
Application code: 9371
Students who have successfully completed the course should have an in-depth conceptual understanding of diverse strategies for managing, resolving and/or transforming violent conflicts at the system, state and individual level. More specifically, they should have:
- The ability to review theories relating to managing, resolving and/or transforming violent conflicts across all levels of analysis.
- An understanding of and being able to identify the contextual relevance and challenges of mediation, peacekeeping, transitional justice, arms control and DDR.
- A grasp of the nature, goals and challenges of international law and peace education.
- The ability to explore the gender dimensions and alternative approaches to the management, resolution and transformation of violent conflicts.
This course is available for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the "Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 20
- Course code: SVF-3024
- Responsible unit
- Senter for fredsstudier (CPS)
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet