END-3601 Virtual Prototyping - 5 ECTS
A relevant undergraduate Bachelor degree in mechanics, materials, structural, modelling or equivalent.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- minimum 25 credits in mathematics (equivalent to Mathematical Methods 1, 2 og 3), 5 credits in statistics and 7,5 ects i physics on a higher level is required.
Recommended prerequisites: It is recommended that the candidate have taken courses within the field of material selection, product design, structural analysis and geometric modelling or equivalent and have good knowledge with a CAD system.
Application code: 9371
From sketch to 3D CAD model - management of complex models, requirements for data at different stages in the design process, concurrent engineering methods within the field of engineering design.
Project, the application of modeling and simulation software.
Software that will be mentioned or used during lectures: Autodesk Inventor, Rhinoceros, ANSYS (finite element program), CES (material selection software), SciLab, MATLAB, SageMath
The purpose of this course is to introduce the concept of virtual prototyping within the field of engineering design. The course will provide the students the knowledge to analyze, present/ visualize and simulate the characteristics of some (technical) products with the help of 3D CAD software for mechanical design and other numerical computation software.
• can apply knowledge to new areas within the academic field of materials, design process, computational methods and engineering design (K3)
• can analyze and deal critically with various sources of information and use them to structure and formulate scholarly arguments (S1)
• can carry out an independent, limited research or development project under supervision and in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics (S4)
After completing the course, the candidate:
• can apply the knowledge and skills within engineering design in new areas in order to carry out advanced assignments and projects (GC2)
• can communicate extensive independent work and masters language and some terminology of the academic field of engineering design (GC3)
Lecturing language is set to Norwegian unless international students are at place (Provided the presence of English speaking students, English will be chosen). .
The project report can be written in either Norwegian or English. Oral presentation can be in Norwegian or English.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|Examination systems:||Date:||Grade scale:|
|Oral exam||A–E, fail F|
|Coursework requirements – To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:|
|Scientific report||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: END-3601
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for datateknologi og beregningsorienterte ingeniørfag
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet