EOM-3901 Master's Thesis in Energy, Climate and Environment - 30 ECTS
The course is only available to students on the Master's degree programme in energy, climate and environment. It is not available to any other category of students as a singular or elective course.
To be assigned a master project the students must have passed all courses in their study plan and the required practical work experience must have been carried out and approved. The Programme Board may grant exemptions from the required practical work experience and up to 10 credits in missing courses that are less essential for the Master`s thesis.
Application for approval must be submitted to the Programme Board within a deadline, which is normally 1 September in the fall semester and 1 February in the spring semester. Students apply by handing in a supervision contract (veiledningskontrakt for mastergradsoppgave) along with a project description. Students must register to the exam as for ordinary courses.
A diploma is not issued before all courses and required practical work experience are met.
Knowledge - The student can:
- obtain an advanced level of knowledge in one of the disciplines offered
- develop and carry out a research project in natural science
- develop relevant and realistic research questions
- use theories that are relevant to their individual project
- use methods that are adequate for the individual project
- discuss and report the results of the study in a scientific way in relation to existing literature in the field
Skills - The student can:
- use scientific equipment and carry out advanced experiments
- evaluate and analyse real and/ or simulated data
- evaluate and analyse theories, methods and experiments that are published in literature
- work independently with practical and theoretical problem solutions
General expertise - The student can:
- display good communication skills in writing and presentation of scientific work, both for a general public and for specialists in the field
- follow the code of ethics and rules of conduct in scientific work
- continue a career within research, production, development and technical professions related to their field of work
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 30
- Course code: EOM-3901
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for fysikk og teknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet