INF-3200 Distributed Systems Fundamentals - 10 ECTS
- Knowledge of the main topics of distributed systems at an introductory level.
- Knowledge of the central challenges of distributed systems, their behavior, characteristics, advantages and disadvantages.
- Knowledge of the primary ideas, architectures, designs, and implementations of distributed systems
- Knowledge of some select cases of distributed systems
- The best way to learn how to build distributed systems is by practice, and so an important part of the course is a substantial distributed system design and implementation project.
- Skills in systems-level programming. How to build a working prototype of a non-trivial distributed system including its architecture, design, and implementation.
- Skills in the languages, frameworks, and tools used to build a prototype distributed system
- Skills to analyze real distributed systems, and identify central characteristics including performance scaling.
- Skills in presenting a system, giving a demonstration of it, and identify lessons learned.
- Competence in selecting a suitable set of programming languages, frameworks, and tools for a given problem domain.
- Competence in asking relevant questions about computer based systems.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|Oral exam||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Programming assignments||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-3200
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet