KJE-2011 Project report, chemistry - 10 ECTS
The project aims to introduce the student to problems and research activities within a topic within chemistry, and a certain independent effort is required. The project can be theoretical and/or practical in nature, and a report must be written. A project can be given at any of the research groups at Department of Chemistry, depending on capacity.
The student will learn to combine and apply knowledge and skills in an independent study or a practical project. The student will also learn how to combine information from literature and/or own results to write a report or project on a given topic.
The student will have expanded proficiency within relevant topics in chemistry.
Knowledge: This means that the student
- can use and expand knowledge obtained in Bachelor level chemistry courses relevant for the project
- can describe and explain the main elements in theories relevant for the project
- an relate the project to a broader theoretic and practical context
- can describe and explain the background for methods which have been used in the project.
- can suggest research methods in chemistry relevant for a given hypothesis
Skills: This means that the student
- can apply skills obtained in Bachelor level chemistry courses in research projects
- can work structurally and analytically in chemistry projects
- can find and analyse relevant literature references and methods
- can work on a defined, specific problem within the chosen chemistry topic
- can apply appropriate scientific methods, equipment and instruments to approach the research hypothesis or topic
- can give an overview over relevant work done by others within the same topic as the project
- can document and communicate the work and the results from the project in a professional and scientific manner
- can plan and perform a chemistry project on Bachelor level
Competence: This means that the student
- can communicate clearly and concisely background and results for a project
- can find and analyse research literature
- can follow regulations and ethical guidelines for scientific work
- can work both independently and in collaboration with a supervisor on a project
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information. The course is available only by agreement with the Department of Chemistry: The applying student must explicitly contact the Department to find a suitable project and a corresponding supervisor before registration.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: KJE-2011
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for kjemi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet