PSY-1004 Biological psychology - 10 ECTS
At the end of the course, the student is expected to be able to: Knowledge:
- Explain what characterizes the biological perspective in psychology and different traditions within this perspective.
- Describe and recognize basic concepts of the neuroanatomy (the central and peripheral nervous systems), and neurodevelopment.
- Explain fundamental concepts within neurophysiology and psychopharmacology.
- Explain transduction, transmission and perception in sensory systems
- Explain the fundamental concepts of movement and control
- Describe central facts and explain key principles of the biological basis for important psychological topics (for example language and intelligence, emotion, motivation and reward, learning and memory, stress, sleep and alertness).
- Explain how knowledge of biological processes contributes to the understanding of mental disorders and their treatment.
- Describe basic research methods in biological psychology
- Perform literature searches and critically evaluate sources in biological psychology
- Recognize and being able to name anatomical structures of the nervous system
- Evaluate the core aspects of biological psychology
- Explain and being able to critically address the selected aspects of biological psychology
- Recognize and being able to point out the principles of the selected aspects of biological psychology
|Examination systems:||Date:||Duration:||Grade scale:|
|School exam||5 Hours||A–E, fail F|
|Coursework requirements – To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:|
|Writing assignment||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: PSY-1004
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for psykologi
- Spørsmål om emnet
- E-post: email@example.com
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet