STE-3602 Embedded Systems - 5 ECTS
A relevant undergraduate bachelor in engineering, primarily within electronics or space technology.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- minimum 25 credits in mathematics (equivalent to Mathematical Methods 1, 2 og 3), 5 credits in statistics and 7,5 ects i physics on a higher level is required.
Application code: 9371
The main goal of this course is to give an introduction to embedded system design which can be implemented using microcontrollers/microprocessors. In this course, students will learn to program the processors embedded in electronic devices. At the end of this course, students will be able to use embedded programming techniques to implement guidance, navigation and control systems for aerospace applications.
- Introduction to the Course and Embedded Systems
- Introduction to embedded programming in C
- finite state machines and statecharts.
- real-time operating systems
- embedded communication and interfacing
- microcontroller architectures: ARM-Cortex
- sensors and actuators
- Implementation of guidance, navigation and control algorithms
This course is oriented towards embedded systems and embedded programming. It presents in details the different parts of an embedded system based on microcontrollers and microprocessors. The embedded systems contains both hardware and software components and therefore a hardware/software co-design will be also mentioned. The course will give a basic knowledge on specification methods, design representations as well as related design methods.
- Review and evaluate hardware and software platforms for Embedded Systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of microprocessor design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of embedded programming.
- Program guidance, navigation and control algorithms and run these on microcontrollers/microprocessors.
- Understanding how to build embedded systems for various applications, especially for aerospace applications.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|Oral exam||13.12.2022 08:00||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Individual project||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: STE-3602
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet