STV-3005 International Politics - 10 ECTS
Admission requirement is a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, European Studies or another relevant subject.
The minimum average grade requirement is:
- C - for bachelor`s degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand
- B - for bachelor`s degree or equivalent issued in all other countries
The course requires solid competence in reading and writing English.
Application code: 9371.
Students who have successfully completed the course should have achieved the following learning outcomes: Knowledge and understanding
- solid grounding in the discipline¿s central theoretical ideas and approaches and how to apply them to the study of international politics.
- able to work independently - and employ relevant scholarly foundations - to address a variety of analytical challenges
- able to critically evaluate existing theories, methods and interpretations within the study of international politics
- able to apply scholarly knowledge critically, including reflection on his or her own scholarly practice
- able to take the initiative to apply knowledge to new domains
- able to formulate and structure complex scholarly arguments.
- able to continue systematically the development of his or her own scholarly grounding and specialisation
- able to communicate research issues, questions, analyses and conclusions pertaining to his or her field with both specialists and lay-people
- able to participate in public debate on the basis of relevant knowledge from his or her field.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
Students shall complete and submit the following coursework requirements to gain access to the final examination:
One written assignment limited to 1400 words on an allocated theme within the time frame of one week.
One home exam on an assigned topic of up to 3500 words to be completed in the course of two weeks. Students may take the opportunity to write the exam together in which case the maximum word-count will be 4500.
The Grade-scale goes from A (tope score) to E (pass) and F (fail).
Retake is offered in in the beginning of the following semester in cases of grade F or Fail. Deferred examination is offered in the beginning of the following semester if the student is unable to take the final exam due to illness or other exceptional circumstances. Registration deadline for retake is 15th January for autumn semester exams and 15th August for spring semester exams.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: STV-3005
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for samfunnsvitenskap
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet