STE-3604 Applied Guidance, Navigation and Control - 10 ECTS
The purpose of this course is to give the student an overview of the central topics and current state-of-the art within guidance, navigation and control of unmanned aerial vehicles. The technical topics will be presented throughout this course such as
- Path planning
- Path following
- Collision detection and avoidance
- State estimation
- Visual odometry
- Classical control
- Optimal control
- Adaptive control
- Robust control
- Nonlinear control
After passing the course, students will have the following learning outcomes:
- has advanced knowledge of central topics within guidance, navigation and control of aerial vehicles.
- has knowledge of the current state-of-the art within guidance, navigation and control of aerial vehicles.
- can apply the knowledge to solve new challenges in the field of guidance, navigation and control of aerial vehicles.
- can analyze existing scientific literature, applied methods and work independently to solve theoretical and practical problems.
- can apply central methods in an independent project.
- can contribute to innovative projects related to the field.
- can communicate with specialists and nonspecialists about central topics within the field.
Course work requirement:
Individual project run by the students, which must be submitted in prior to the oral examination. A hard deadline and format for submission will be specified by the lecturer.
Examination and assessment:
Oral examination (M).
Scale of grading: A - F, where F is fail.
There will not be arranged a re-sit exam for this course.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: STE-3604
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi