ELE-3603 Fundamentals og Programmable Controllers - 5 ECTS
After completing the subject, the candidate will have the following learning outcome:
The candidate knows
- the most common computer architectures, and can tell the difference between them, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of these.
- the VHDL hardware programming language.
The candidate can
- design and implement VHDL modules in an FPGA.
- identify and analyze state machines with data-path in VHDL.
Coursework / Course requirements
A digital test in laboratory work and safety is required be approved before gaining access to the remaining mandatory tasks.
1 (out of 1) mandatory digital test in laboratory work, safety and correct use of laboratory equipment. The test has to be approved before gaining access to the remaining mandatory tasks.
1 (out of 1) mandatory project approved. Project work must be completed and approved to gain access to the exam.
Examination and assessment Combined 3 hour digital exam with supervision.
Assessment according to standard A-F grading scale.
Re-sit exam: A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course. Subject to general rules.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3603
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi