ELE-3604 Distributed Generation and Micro Grids: Concepts and Roles - 5 ECTS
After completing the subject, the candidate will have the following learning outcome:
- Knowledge of Distributed Generation (DG) and its roles.
- Modeling of Different types of Generators for Distributed Generation.
- Knowledge of Micro Grids and its means to integrate DG
- Knowledge of micro grid operation and control issues/challenges
- Knowledge of micro grid projects
- Working in microgrid project works
- Make and analyze modeling of generators for DG
- Perform and analyze simple DG modeling, simulation
- Perform and analyze simple micro grid modeling, simulation
- Perform and make simple controllers for micro grid operation
Development of simple projects on DG and micro grids
·The candidate will have a good understanding about DG, micro grid and it controllers
Coursework / Course requirements
Projects (in groups; depends on the number of students) with report writing and presentations
Examination and assessment No written examination.
Final assessment will be done by the project works, project report writing, presentation and via-voice (by external sensor).
Assessment according to standard A-F grading scale.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course. Subject to general rules.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3604
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi