INE-3605 Project Management - 5 ECTS
A relevant undergraduate Bachelor Engineering program in mechanical, electrical power, electronics, mechatronics, material science, industrial engineering, process engineering or other equivalent majors with minimum 25 credits mathematics, 5 credits statistics, 7,5 credits physics
Application code: 9371
Basic knowledge in mathematics and management science at bachelor level or equivalent is recommended in this course.
This course introduces the basic knowledge and methodologies in Project management, and the course content includes:
- Introduction of project management
- Organizational context: strategy, structure and stakeholder
- Project selection and portfolio management
- Leadership and team building
- Scope management and work breakdown structures
- Risk management
- Cost estimation and budgeting
- Project scheduling
- Critical path management
- Resource management
- Project evaluation and control
- Project termination
The course aims at establishing a thorough understanding of the basic knowledge in project management, group works for problem solving, case studies, literature surveys and similar.
- Understanding the difference between leadership and management
- Understanding WBS and OBS
- Understanding the project scheduling and CPM
- Understanding how to crash project schedule and how to manage limited resources
- Understanding how to use different methods to evaluate the progress of project
- Understanding how to terminate a project
After learning the course, students should be able to manage the following skills:
- Use the basic knowledge and terminology in project management
- Understanding the different organizational structure
- Use both qualitative and quantitative methods for project selection
- Understanding and apply the methods for risk management and cost estimation in project management
General competence (GC):
- Passing the course will provide students with competence for doing and leading projects related to industrial engineering.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
The course assessment is divided into two parts:
Project: 40% of the final grade
Written exam: 60% of the final grade
The course is evaluated through ECTS system (A-F), and both the project and the written exam must be passed in order to pass the course. The project and the written exam are graded individually.
For students failed in the written exam, a re-sit written exam will be arranged for this course.
For students failed in the project, a new project assignment must be delivered within the given deadline.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: INE-3605
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for industriell teknologi